Oil extraction process
Oil extraction is done in several stages and with the help of machine you can extract oil from any seeds.
1) Seed selection :
- The seed must be perfect from which you want to extract the oil. If they are you own cultivate seeds then look before placing them into machine that they are not broken.
- If you are buying seeds from market or farmer, make sure that seeds are not broken, nor dry, and select only those seeds which are of good quality.
2) Pre-cleaning and Decortications :
- Whenever you harvest seeds from plants, many types of small pebbles, soil , dust and other small things are also found in the seeds. It is necessary to do pre-cleaning because soil and small pebbles will be crushed with seeds, which will deteriorate the quality of oil. Therefore, before extracting oil from seeds, you have to remove these types of things.
- After removing stones and soil, you have to also remove the straw present in the seeds.
- You can get these seeds cleaned by hand or you can also clean them with the help of a machine.
3) Conditioning of the seeds :
- This step is important because conditioning the seeds removes more oil and in this process seeds are put inside the rollers. The seed cells absorb the oil due to passing through the rollers and micro oil droplets are united in them, due to which the oil can be extracted from the seeds easily and fast.
4) Heating :
- To eliminate the various bacteria you have to heat the seed. Keep in mind that each seed requires different moisture conditions and temperatures.
5) Oil extraction :
- You have now put seeds into the machine and they are grinded by the machine. The oil that comes out of it during grinding, is collected in storage tank.
6) Filtration :
- Some residues are still in the extracted oil. So, after the oil is removed, it is sieved so that it can be completely cleaned. Even after cleaning the oil, many types of chemical substances are present in it, which are cleaned within the chemical process.
Before starting the oil mill, you must get the mill insured